DIRECTOR INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
(5 Year Fixed-Term Employment Linked to Performance Agreement)
CLOSING DATE: 25 JUNE 2021.
A total remuneration package in line with the Local Government Upper Limits of total remuneration packages payable to Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers of a Category one (01) Municipality.
- Total remuneration package: Minimum: R815 062.78 p.a.
- Total remuneration package: Midpoint: R905 626.47 p.a.
- Total remuneration package: Maximum: R996 118.00 p.a.
Applications must be submitted on the annexure C Employment Application Form
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 Certificate and a Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer/Technologist.
- A postgraduate degree and a Certificate Programme in Management Development for Municipal Finance (CPMD) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 (seven) years of relevant experience at senior and middle management levels, of which at least 5(five) years must be at senior management level.
- In depth knowledge of Local Government Legislation and sound knowledge of Municipal Finance Management.
- Understanding of the developmental challenges facing the Local Government.
- The ability to develop, implement and manage strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for the directorate and align them with strategic objectives of the Municipality.
- The ability to integrate services delivery in the context of the Council’s IDP and oversee the related budget and implementation thereof.
- Proficiency in Human Resources Management and advanced Project Management Skills.
- Core Competencies as set out in the Local Government: Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers, 17 January 2014. If the appointee has not yet attained the Minimum Competency qualification, he or she will be required, as a condition of appointment, to complete this training within a specific period of time.
- A Code B driver’s license
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide strategic leadership over the Town Planning, GIS, Housing, Project Management, Building Inspectorate and Maintenance Units within the Infrastructure Planning and Development Department.
- Fulfil the statutory duties of a Manager appointed in terms of section 56 of the Municipal Systems Act and the Municipal Finance Management Act and other relevant legislation.
- Manage the provision of services to the community in a sustainable and equitable manner through the IDP.
- Manage capital projects in terms of design, tender, budget, quality and expenditure.
- Provide advice and support to Council, the Municipal Manager and other office bearers on all functions of the Directorate.
- Develop and implement a management strategy to facilitate sustainable infrastructure, development and maintenance of roads and public works, storm water, EPWP and Project Management.
- Provide visionary and innovative leadership to a diverse technical workforce.
- Ensure optimal utilisation of the Council’s resources in terms of implementing its strategic objectives articulated in the IDP and the fulfilment of its statutory mandate.
- Prepare and control the budget of the Directorate.
- Ensure all households earning less than the stipulated amount receive Free Basic Services
- Development of a GRAP compliant MTREF Budget for the Department.
- Develop and monitor Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plans (SDBIP)
- Facilitate adequate IGR participation.
- Advise Local Municipalities and Communities on social and institutional activities through the ISD and IGR Forums.
- Advise the Municipal Manager timeously on matters pertaining to the Directorate.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations.
- Previous and current employers and references will be contacted.
- Verifications will be done on qualifications, criminal and credits records.
- Candidates will be required to disclose all financial assets.
- Original qualification certificates must be produced at any resultant interviews.
- Appointment is subject to the signing of an Employment Contract and Performance Agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act.
- Appointment will be done in accordance with the regulations on appointments and conditions of employment of Senior Managers.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo competency assessment in line with Regulation 16 of Government Gazette 37245.
- The successful candidate will be based in Ixopo and will be required to sign an Employment Contract and Performance Agreement, disclose financial interest, and be subjected to security vetting.
Enquiries must be directed to: The Director Corporate Services, Ms. P Luswazi, on (039) 834 7700.
Interested and appropriately qualified people should address their applications together with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications, and names of at least three contactable referees to The Municipal Manager, Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality, P. O. Box 132 Ixopo, 3276.
The municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment. Priority shall be given to candidates in accordance with employment equity targets. Should applicants not hear from the Municipality within 30 days after the closing date, they should consider their applications as having been unsuccessful. Communication shall be limited to shortlisted candidates.
NB: Proof of canvassing of Councillors or any officials will lead to the candidate being disqualified.
DOWNLOAD ADVERT Director IPD