UBUHLEBEZWE Local Municipality is embarking on a debt reduction/discount to all RESIDENTIAL/ HOUSEHOLD ratepayers, by doing so we expect to enhance business relations, attain customer relationships, encourage the culture of payment of services, and improve collection. The council of Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality resolved to provide this incentive as detailed below;
The amnesty period will commence from 01 November 2022 until 30 October 2023 (12 Months Period)
THE STRATEGY WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AS FOLLOWS:
FOR RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLDS WHO OWE R 30 000 TO R100 000
* R 30 000.00 TO R100 000.00 Residential Debtors
* 5% Discount on Outstanding Debt
* A 50% Upfront Payment required
* Payment arrangement of over 3 months thereafter
FOR RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLDS WHO OWE R 100 001 TO R200 000
* R100 001.00 TO R200 000.00 Residential Debtors
* 8% Discount on Outstanding Debt
* A 30% Upfront Payment required
* Payment arrangement of over 4 months thereafter
FOR RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLDS WHO OWE R 200 001 AND ABOVE
* R200 001.00 AND Above Residential Debtors
* 15% Discount on Outstanding Debt
* A 20% Upfront Payment required
* Payment arrangement of over 6 months thereafter
Customers who will pay their annual rates and service charges (12 Months rates) for 2023 between 01 November 2022 and 30 January 2023 will receive a 5% discount.
NB: The municipality urges all residential customers to take advantage of this once-off debt reduction offer. Should a customer default from the agreed arrangement, the once-off incentive scheme shall fall away.
ALL ENQUIRIES RELATED TO THE DEBT AMNESTY MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE FOLLOWING OFFICIALS
MISS SIHLANGU/ MISS MKHIZE from the REVENUE DEPARTMENT at uBuhlebezwe Local Municipality. LANDLINE: 039 834 2362, E-MAIL: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org.