The Budget and Reporting Office is entrusted with effective and efficient financial management, as well as a more strategic approach to budgeting management. This promotes sustainability and a good base of a going concerns for the Municipality.
Some of the unit’s imperative includes the following; but not limited to:
- Implementing an effective budget that supports the IDP and SDBIP.
- Provide timely and relevant financial management reports that give a fair presentation of the financial affairs of the Municipality.
- Provide sound financial management advice to the Accounting Officer, Line Managers and all those affected.
- Access risk and internal controls and maintenance an effective risk management strategy which also include anti-corruption measures.
- Implementation of financial management. Policies and procedure, as well as supply chain management systems, credit and debt control management systems.